Have you ever wondered which are the best cultural festivals from around the world and tried to find out basic information about these festivals.
After extensive research I have compiled a short list of what I believe to be the seven best Cultural Festivals from the four corners of the world. holi festival The festivals, in chronological order, are:
1. Carnival- Brazil (February)
2. Holi ‘Festival of Colours’- India (March)
3. St. Patrick’s Day- Ireland (March)
4. La Tomatina, tomato throwing festival- Spain (August)
5. The Burning Man- USA (August)
6. The Oktoberfest- Germany (October)
7. Hogmanay ‘New Year’s Festival’- Scotland (December)
Most of these festivals may be familiar to you such as Rio de Janeiro’s famous Carnival in February, where Rio bustles with people taking to the streets dancing to Samba music, watching colourful parades with beautiful Brazilian girls scantily clad sporting huge feathered headrests! Or, the St. Patrick’s Day Festival, which originates in Ireland but is celebrated widely among different countries around the world, particularly in the States where New York and Boston go all out with their street parades.
However, some culture festivals such as the Hindu Holi Festival, also known as the Festival of Colours, may not be so well known to you. This festival is one that I would like to give particular attention to in this article.